Wow. 2007. I don't think a year has passed so quickly in my entire 26 year history. It was a huge contrast to last year, where I was experiencing so much transition and constant change. But it's been an interesting invaluable year none the less. Here is my year in review:
Best Things 2007:
2. Got my first full-time, salaried, grown-up job
3. Moved into an adorable house in Salt Lake with great roommates!
4. Several weekend excursions helped me keep some form of sanity
5. Took a day off of work to attend the IKEA grand opening and then drive to Boise and back to see a Brandi Carlile concert (totally worth the 10 hours of driving!)
Not So Amazing Things 2007:
1. Just a lot of confusion
2. Michael Scott as a boss
3. Went into debt for the first time (for a car though, I think it's a pretty worthy reason)
Places I visited in 2007:
1. San Diego, CA
2. San Francisco, CA
3. Portland, OR
4. Los Angeles, CA
5. Boise, ID
Realizations of 2007:
1. You'll never work more hours than when you're not getting paid by the hour
2. Utah's a pretty good place to live. For now.
3. I am really terrible at making decisions. Especially big ones.
4. The best thing you can do as a young employee is get there early. And stay late.
Concerts I attended in 2007:
1. Snow Patrol, The Great SaltAir, Magna, UT
2. Damien Rice, McKay Events Center, Orem, UT
3. Brandi Carlile, The Big Easy, Boise, ID
4. Regina Spektor, In The Venue, Salt Lake City, UT
5. Sondre Lerche, Doug Fir Lounge, Portland, OR
Things I checked off my list in 2007:
1. Get a job, a real one
2. Keep up my personal history
3. Stay fit
-Death Cab For Cutie-