Saturday, May 25, 2013

Project Life

For a long while I've been trying to come up for a good way to document the life of our family.  I love having a blog, but hate that it's only digital.  I've lost entire chunks of my life that were only recorded in a digital format, so I know that I need something physical too.  I've done old fashioned scrapbooks, but I now cringe at what I've done to my photos with hideous scissors and die-cuts.  Not to mention the fact that it takes me days to put a layout together when I'm cutting and pasting and such. I've done pretty books on blurb and mypublisher, but I feel like they mostly stay on the shelf because I don't want tiny fingers to accidently tear a page - or big fingers to accidently spill a Diet Coke on one. Plus, I feel like it is a huge project to sit down at the end of the year and pull all of that together.  I know it would be easier if I kept up on the blog, but still - there are always more photos I want to add in and it is just a lot of work to do all at once.

Over the past few months I've noticed a few bloggers I like showing off their spreads of a scrapbooking concept called "Project Life." The whole idea is that you do a week at a time (this is how most people tackle it) and use your regular 4x6 photos, pre-printed journaling and title cards, and slip them all into page protectors that are pre-divided into a handsome layout.  Some people do a ton of extra stuff with adding embellishments and cutouts and all that jazz, but I think it kind of goes against the whole concept the system is based on, which is "scrapbooking made simple."  When I really started looking into it, the founder was a few days away from launching a new product that would debut on HSN at a huge discount, so I thought it was a great time to try it out!  I ordered a kit at about 50% off of retail including a binder, 60 page protectors, dividers, and a core kit that includes all of the pre-printed materials I need.  Now I just need to print my photos. Minor detail.

We are in a phase of life that is so fun and I don't want to forget all of the darling things that my kids say and do and all of the silly and sweet moments we share as a family.  I'm really excited for this and I think it will be a great way to record our life.  The big things and the everyday.  I love that.  Hopefully I'll share some of my pages here eventually!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin