Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Easter

We had a wonderful Easter!  Clara and I stayed home from church (there is a measles outbreak in our neighborhood, it's SUPER contagious, and babies don't get their first immunization until they are 12-15 months) but it was still a lovely day.  The Easter Bunny came and brought some fun things for Clara.  We took a few photos in the sunshine by our newly blossoming tulips and spent the afternoon enjoying a wonderful meal at Spencer's parents house.
 
 
It's interesting how holidays are more fun and even more meaningful as our family grows.  Of course it's fun to start more traditions, but this year it also felt more significant than ever to reflect on the atonement and resurrection in a new light.  I've always thought of Easter as being most significant to those who have experienced tragic loss.  No doubt, the knowledge that death is not the end brings great comfort to anyone who has lost a loved one.  This year Christ's resurrection has become more personally relevant to me as my family has grown and my life continues to fill with people I love.  I have a wonderful husband and darling daughter that mean so much to me.  I guess I have realized that even more than loss, love makes the resurrection meaningful. It is such a blessing to know that because of the Savior our little family can be together forever.  No matter what.

5 comments:

Mollie said...

Love this post. Clara is getting SO big! I think I recognize that dress - makes me sad that Livie isn't that small any more. So funny - as my kids were emptying their Easter baskets, Olivia kept talking about what the "monster" brought her. Apparently the Easter bunny resembled a monster in her mind.

Christa Jeanne said...

Awww, this makes me so happy, Sarah! I absolutely think families make holidays more meaningful and poignant. It's so fun watching your lil' fam grow!

Heather Richardson said...

Harriet and I LOVE this!! Can't wait to see you all in person soon!

Meg Ruth said...

She is so angelic! You have a beautiful family, Sarah!

Whitney said...

Precious pictures :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin