Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Mollie's Visit


While I was still in the hospital, my sister Mollie asked if it would help if she came out for a few days to help me with the new baby.  Since I'm the youngest and my sisters both have their hands full with the responsibilities of their own families, I never anticipated that I'd get to have one of them around when I had this baby -- so of course I jumped at the chance!  She came out from the 6th to the 10th of February and made lots of arrangements to have her family at home taken care of and brought her youngest along.

Unfortunately, Clara's tummy bug, Levi's cold, and Mollie's visit all overlapped.  No one was too eager to have a nine month old with a cough and cold hanging out with our super new baby (not to mention the fact that we'd just gotten over about two months of straight colds at our house), but Mollie still managed to be a big help.  She was able to stay at my parents' house and come out for several hours each day.  Levi napped or played in the basement and Betty stayed on the main floor.

While she was here, Mollie helped me take some photos of Betty (we like to help each other out like that), but mostly I wanted her to take a few of me and my girls.  She got some great photos that I am so thankful to have.  I love to take pictures of my girls, and get quite a few of Spencer and the kids too - but I knew this was a rare chance to capture a little bit of my role as a mother.








No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin