Sunday, April 09, 2006

Amado Mio

Wow. What a night! Months ago, I was thrilled to find out that Pink Martini was coming to Park City and Jenny and I got some tickets. It was an incredible evening to say the least. If you haven't heard of the 12-piece Portland band, I would highly recommend them to anyone with the slightest taste for good music. I love how Thomas (the pianist) describes their music. "We’re kind of like musical archaeologists, bringing melodies and rhythms from different parts of the world together to create something which is modern. It’s like an urban musical travelogue…and I think as citizens of the world and in a sense as musical ambassadors for the United States, we must always strive to study the languages, customs, and histories of other countries. We’re very much an American band, but we spend a lot of time abroad, in Europe, in Turkey, in Lebanon and therefore have the opportunity to demonstrate that Americans are indeed serious about engaging in a dialogue with the rest of the world.” All I can say is that I'm counting down to the release of album number three.

-Pink Martini-

1 comment:

Mollie said...

Am I not the one who introduced you to said band? Well, you don't really have me to thank - good old Amazon Gift Organizer. They recommended them for your.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin