Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Nothing As It Seems

Yes - I'm blogging from work. So shoot me. It's not like they are paying me anything. But I can say that they are keeping me busy and I am continuing to enjoy my time here. Last night I had this huge realization that in a few months I'll be in a real job and there's no guarantee that I'll love it. Wouldn't that just be awful, to hate going to work every day? I've done it before, but there has always been light at the end of the tunnel. Now it seems that the only light ahead is an oncoming train. I really hope I don't hate my first job.

My roommate went out of town on Monday for the week. And I thought things were quiet before! Some of her friends actually came to the house from out of town and have been staying there to house hunt. But they have been busy and not spending too much time at the house, so I hardly see them. Needless to say, I am now convinced that I never want to live alone.

Maybe it's loneliness that has me looking forward to my plans for the evening. Or maybe it's more. Regardless, it's fun to think that I am almost giddy about something as simple as going running. Even if the only motive for my excitement is only the potential of good company.

-Pearl Jam-

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin