Monday, October 22, 2007

To Be Surprised

On Saturday Spencer and I saw a sneak preview of Dan in Real Life. I had wanted to see the movie ever since I saw the trailer a few months ago, and I wasn't disappointed. It was refreshing to see Steve Carell in a real-person type character, even as much as I love him as Michael Scott. One of the best surprises of the movie though, was the music. I am going to get the soundtrack soon because it's fantastic! Sondre Lerche sings alone and with Regina Spektor, A Fine Frenzy covers "Fever" and listeners are also treated to a catchy cover of Pete Townshend's "Let My Love Open the Door." Having never heard of Sondre Lerche before 'Dan,' I'm feeling a need to do some more digging in Scandinavian Europe for more treasures like him. Some of my best finds in the past few years have been from that region.

-Sondre Lerche-

2 comments:

becca said...

cool, i got some free tix for wednesday. i was debating whether i should even go or not. i'm going to go.

MegRuth said...

how did i never tell you about sondre lerche? i've been listening to his lovely tunes for a few years now. i feel like a bad friend!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin