Thursday, September 17, 2009

here comes autumn

The only thing I find moderately depressing about autumn is that the days start to get noticeably shorter. The rest, I can definitely live with. My love affair with autumn is no secret. I savor every chance to bask in the glory of the season we call fall. The crisp air, the cooler days, the beautiful rusty colors of pumpkins and apples and gourds, the celebration of harvest and smell of spice, the foliage, the fresh start of a new school year... I just love it all.

Back when we got married, some generous soul gave Spencer and I a gift card to Williams Sonoma. Of course nearly everything in their store is delectable and tempting, but I knew I'd probably end up spending the gifted money on something more spontaneous than practical. When I stumbled across these pocket pie molds yesterday, I knew I had found my treasure. {I bought an apple peeler/corer too, for good measure. I'll be a mini pie making fiend!}

7 comments:

becca said...

those are the cutest edible things i've ever seen.

Nga said...

these are so cute, now i wanna go get some of these molds!!!

Colleen said...

Your photos of making the pies are fabulous! I also spied these at Williams-Sonoma recently and considered them for a fall party I'm attending.

Joanna said...

Oh how I love Williams-Sonoma. Maybe that's why I didn't really make any money when I worked there because it all went back into the store. :) I also LOVE fall! My favorite season, hands-down. I just wish it would come here soon as we are still having a heat wave. Sigh.

kwh said...

Yummy! We're going apple picking today and I wish I had one of those too to make some delicious mini apple pies.

J-E said...

I want this. That looks so fun and tasty. Excellent choice.

Hilary said...

looks fun and yummy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin