Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Bear Lake Weekend

My parents decided it was time that our family have an "official" family reunion.  So they went all out and rented a beautiful cabin at Bear Lake.  We all met up on Thursday evening, got settled and enjoyed dinner together.  We played cards late into the evening and then headed to bed.

On Friday we met up with my Uncle Richard and Renae at a beach on the Idaho side of the lake.  My uncle owns a boat, so we were all able to go out on it and enjoy the lake.  Because of the record snowfall and spring runoff this year, the water level was up about 11 feet from last year.  Driving along the perimeter of the lake, there were treetops poking out from 10-20 feet from the shore.  Luckily there was still plenty of beach and nearly 100 yards of super shallow water for the kids to enjoy.  The little kids busied themselves, splashing and digging, while groups of 8 took turns on the boat.  When we arrived at the beach, Clara was happy and fed, so Spencer and I decided to take the first turn on the boat.  We also wanted to water ski and the water is the calmest in the morning.

We all had a turn to ski or ride the tube, but I only had my flip, not my camera -- so no photos.  I was pretty pleased that I was able to remember how to water ski since it had been 15 years since my first and last water skiing trip.  Luckily, I got up on my first attempt.  If I hadn't, I'm not sure I would have been patient enough with myself to try for very long.  Did I mention the water was freezing?  It was about 64 degrees.  It honestly took my breath away when I jumped into the lake.

Friday and Saturday were pretty similar - beach time, boat rides, a few sunburns, kite flying, bike rides, lots of good food, family time, raspberry shakes, pool, ping pong, marshmallow roasting, and movies back at the cabin.  We had a great time!  Thanks again mom and dad!
Our sweet little sailor
Olivia and Sam

Grandma and Grandpa brought peas from their garden - yum!
Clara went for a little dip in the lake
Captain Noah
Emma in her own little tub she created in the sand
Big Spencer, Little Spencer
Uncle Richard and the cool rainbow kite (which sadly met a watery grave)
Clara took a little nap in the shade and comfort of Daddy's lap
Noah and Emma digging together
S'mores at the cabin firepit
Evans Family Photo (and matching sandals to boot!)
Those cheeks are just so kissable - who can resist!?
Day 2 hanging out on the beach
Olivia and Emma
Olivia, the fashionista (Clara benefits greatly from Livi's great sense of style)
Family Photo on the Beach - unfortunately Clara was napping and Nathan and Becky were in SLC taking it easy after an unexpected surgery the day before 
Clara and Olivia
Noah and Harrison enjoying cones at Le Beau's

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin