Friday, July 13, 2012

Muddy Mess


Once upon a time, I was a little worried about having a little girl that would be ultra.... girly.  I don't think it's a bad thing to like pink and princesses, but that is just not how I was as a child and I felt a little ill-equipped to handle one who had those preferences.
Well, let me just say... I don't really worry about that anymore.  Of course Clara loves to wear a pretty dress to church, put on yummy smelling lotion, wear lip gloss and shop for shoes.  But she also loves to dig in the dirt, stomp in the mud, look for bugs and watch trucks.

On this particular day I had just deep-watered our baby fruit trees and there were large puddles around their bases.  As soon as Clara discovered them, she held on to the trunks of the tiny trees while she danced around in the thick mud beneath.  Then she headed for the sandbox where her muddy shoes and legs (and face) got crusted in an extra layer of outdoorsy goodness.

Even though the extra clean up can be a bit of a hassle as a parent, I think that some of the best days are the dirtiest. :)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin