Friday, April 04, 2008

Everything In Its Right Place

I realize I've used this song title like 18 times, but it's such a great song. Seriously. So great.
Anyway... in recent weeks, I've become obsessed with the idea of having a cute hutch/buffet in our dining area. Spencer's house - ahem - our (soon-to-be) house has a small kitchen, and not a lot of storage space. So, in an effort to create more storage and display my awesomely cute dishes, I've decided that we need a hutch. Whether or not we actually get one is another issue. Maybe it's one of those purchases I can squeeze into pre-married life so there's no debate about it.... We'll see.

I started writing this about a week ago, and have since found a hutch! Spencer and I are going to pick it up tonight. I found it on craigslist for $70 and it will be a great little project. It's got 3 shelves, three drawers and two cabinets on the bottom. It'll be perfect to hold linens and kitchen gadgets and display dishes. I'm hoping to refinish it and possibly paint it red or white. Yay!

-Radiohead-

2 comments:

Amanda said...

How exciting to be furnishing your new house! I love a good find like that. Have fun working on the project.

Joanna said...

Yay! I am so excited to see it. What do your dishes look like? Where are you registered, by the way? And when do I get an invitation? :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin