Monday, June 20, 2011

Madsen Family Reunion

In Mid-June, we attended the extended Madsen Family Reunion.  It's a gathering of my Grandpa Glen Madsen's siblings (only one surviving) and their posterity.  Admittedly, I don't know much of the family beyond my first cousins, aunts and uncles, but it was still nice to get together and meet some other family members as well.  This year my dad was in charge of organizing the event.  The good thing about being in charge is getting to choose the venue - he chose to host the reunion at Nicholl's Park in Kaysville, which is only about a mile from their home.  It was great to see cousins, aunts and uncles and my Grandma Betty. We enjoyed a beautiful day in the park, had lunch, and took Clara to the park for the first time.  She seemed to enjoy the swing and I can see why some parents swear by them for their babies - she nearly fell asleep on her first go!
Spencer tries Clara's hat on for size
First Swing!
 

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin