Friday, June 03, 2011

Artisan Bread in Five

Over the past year or so, I've seen various references to a book called Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day.  I read quite a few food blogs, and every mention of it was a rave review, but also alluded to some special secret that you'd have to buy the book to find out.  I was a little intrigued and a little annoyed.  But when I saw yet another blogger raving about the bread they had just made (this time not a food blogger) using the books' trick, I decided to look it up.  Turns out the authors have a blog of their own where they have published the master recipe.  I've made bread and homemade pizza crust before, but this bread is by far the easiest I've tried.  Also probably the tastiest.  And definitely the prettiest.
I've still been wanting to get the book (or at least check it out from the library), but from what I can tell, it's filled with variations on the common recipe theme: mix the very simple ingredient list, let the dough sit, refrigerate, and bake whenever you need fresh bread.  The dough from the master recipe can sit in the fridge for up to two weeks.  The only problem with baking bread so pretty and good is that I eat way too much of it...  But I'm also excited to try the brioche dough and use it for some sweeter creations.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin