Friday, January 06, 2012

2011 Remembered

2011 was a good year!  Here's a quick recap of some of the highlights that come to mind:

Family:
-My life pretty much revolved around Clara and getting my footing as a new mom.  It's a big change, but one that also felt completely natural for me.  It came with challenges, frustration and some seriously scary moments, but it has also been so rewarding to be a mother.  It has been a joy-filled experience!
-It has been so fun to watch Spencer grow into his role as a father this year.  He and Clara have a very special bond and they just love to be together.  Nothing makes Clara light up like Daddy coming home.
-We feel blessed to be living near the hub of family activity and got to see every one of our parents, siblings, nieces and nephews in 2011.

Work:
-Spencer's responsibilities at work increased and he went from super busy to crazy busy.  Most days he's gone for 12-14 hours.

-My etsy shop business has increased more than 150% over 2010 and been a great little thing to keep me busy outside of caring for Clara.  I really appreciate my clients and also my husband who supports me in my work.

-I've only kept up with one marketing design client from my Park City days.  She comes out to my house on an as-needed basis to work on brochures, web design, e-blasts and ads.  We get together every couple of weeks during nap time and I enjoy our time together.  I don't miss my other Park City work...

Church:
-I got released from Primary and called into Young Womens.  It is an exciting calling, but can be a bit intimidating and is a huge time commitment.  I really love spending time with the girls and getting to know them bettter.  I'm also blessed to serve with other great leaders and love getting to work so closely with some great women in my ward.  I'm still a bit scared that I'll eventually have to teach with a member of the YW General Presidency in the room (the second counselor is in my ward and attends our YW regularly; the president is in my stake!) but thankfully it hasn't happened yet.

-Spencer was called as the Elders Quorum President in our ward.  We had a great meeting with the whole Stake Presidency when he was called.  He has wonderful counselors and a great secretary and they are all excited and willing to work.

Travel:
-As soon as busy season was over we took a road trip to St. George - just Spencer, Clara and me.

-We spent a long weekend with my entire family at a cabin/house in Bear Lake.  The weather was perfect and my uncle was so nice to come along (with his boat).  Spencer and I both got up on water skis and Clara enjoyed splashing a bit in the shallow water.

-At the end of July we flew to California for a long weekend and stayed with Spencer's sister Heather.  They treated us to five star accommodations at Chez Richardson and we went to three different beaches.  Clara met the Pacific Ocean and traveled really well.  I also got to see my dear friend Jo while we were there.

-Spencer's whole family all met up in Orlando for a Disney cruise to the Bahamas.  We visited Nassau and Castaway Cay.  We had a wonderful time and enjoyed spectacular weather.  It was a really great trip.

Other:
-In June I started running again.  This time with some of my neighbor friends.  We run several mornings a week at 5:45 and Amy and I trained for a half marathon!  We ran the SOJO half marathon in October and had a great time.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin