Friday, January 06, 2012

52 Projects

I have a goal this year to do one project every week.  As a wife and mother, life gets very cyclical and the same things need to be done over and over again: doing laundry, making dinner, grocery shopping, cleaning, changing diapers, etc.  You get the idea.  It seems that most things I do get undone or need to be done repeatedly.  I do think it's really important to find joy in our responsibilities, even the everyday and mundane.  But I also think it's important to do things that help you feel accomplished, like you're using and building talents, and making yourself, your home, family, and community better in a [more] tangible way.

So.  The plan is to do one thing each week that is a little more permanent - something I can finish or something with a result that will make me smile.  They can be big or small.  Painting a piece of furniture, a sewing project, organizing or beautifying a space, canning... anything! I'm excited.  I think it will be really good for me and my family, and it will be a great motivator to get a lot of things done instead of just adding to the list.

And it might sound a little OCD of me, but I really love that with January 1 being on a Sunday this year, each week is already defined in a perfect pod that ends on a Saturday.  Love it!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I love this idea. Keep posting about what you do. I'm so curious to see what all the 52 things end up being :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin