Saturday, January 07, 2012

CTR Towels

This week my project was a bit rushed and last minute, but I still did it.  My only regret is that I forgot to take a photo of the finished product.

In October I was released from teaching the CTR 7 class in Primary.  I loved teaching primary and especially this age.  It's a big year for the kids - they are turning 8 and preparing to get baptized.  So for a birthday/baptism gift, I made each of the kids a baptism towel.  I bought a fat quarter (or found a piece of fabric from my stash) in their favorite color(s) and cut out the CTR shield, appliqueing it to the towel.  They turned out super cute and were an easy and fairly quick (roughly an hour per towel) gift to make for them to have on their special day.

Even though I got released a few months ago, I had supplies to make the last few towels (and I really wanted to).  So this week, my project was to make my last towel for the youngest girl in my class (she turned 8 on December 30th and got baptized today).  Early in the year I asked what her favorite color was and she thought for a long time and finally said, "ruby."  When I clarified that she meant a dark, deep red color she said, "no, more like a dark pink."  So dark pink it was.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin