Friday, June 23, 2006

Great Expectations

Well, the day finally arrived. After nearly three months of hearing all about him, I finally met the infamous Mr. Darcy. Dinner with a Harvard graduate who writes for a conservative publication and is a musical genius, is an interesting experience. I mostly listened intently as the discussion led into topics such as stem-cell research and inheritance taxes. Questions I fielded ranged from, "So what do you do for fun?" (the friendly ice-breaker) to "What's your view on.... [fill in anything on the political/moral spectrum]?" (to test my political savviness) to "Why aren't you married?" (to see how I deal with uncomfortable situations) to "Why did you go to BYU?" (either because of extreme skepticism toward my "social involvement" with my religion, or to understand my rationale on making major life decisions). I held my own; I could do it again.

Only twelve hours until the Keane concert!

-Elbow-

1 comment:

Amanda said...

He asked you "Why aren't you married?" Are you kidding? I would have turned around and asked him the same thing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin